Mellow The F Out Get FireFox!
Check this box to open all links in a new window

Friday, December 23, 2005

All I want for Christmas is sleep 

Ain't that the truth. I dedicate a large portion of my life to work. Sometimes I really question why. So far I work about 50 hours (supposed to be 37.5) at my current job, then a ton of side projects outside of work. I also have to rotate a weekend shift which enables me to work 11 straight days. (YES!)

I try to go above and beyond at work for a few reasons:

1. I have always tried to be the best at what I do, not to show anyone up, but just because that is me. I don't want to be mediocre, I want to be the best.

2. I want to advance in my career. So far it has not paid off too much. I have won some awards but not anything I really wanted. I don't care about awards/recognition. I know what I can do and what I do well. I want that to be shown in my job title/pay.

3. I really do love what I do. I code everyday all day and that is my thing. Take away all the annoying work-related crap and I love what I do.

4. To learn. It is easy in life to do what you know and be scared to move on. I love to learn knew things, find new ways to code, find faster more compact ways to code. How is this done? Time, and lots of it.

5. Out to prove myself. I get turned down for a lot of things because I have less education than most. People doubt me everyday in all aspects of life. I love, actually strive, to prove these people wrong. I get no better satisifaction in life, than to rub success in someone's face that said "You can't do that" or "So and so is more qualified, you only have an Associate's Degree." Don't get me started on education. Life isn't about how much money you spent to educate yourself, it is about how you use your education.

It is not that I do not get enough sleep, I do, it is just exhausting to use your brain so much. Once in a while I have to just drop everything because I can feel my brain actually turning into a slurpee. (Wouldn't that be a sight to see.)

I am yawning as I type this, maybe it is boredom with this entry, maybe I need a nap, whatever the cause, I will be tired till the day I die.


4 Comments:

At 7:08 PM EST, Anonymous Frank Gruber said...

Merry Christmas Jeff and I hope you get some rest! I feel the same way though, so much going on all I need this holiday weekend is some R and R. Maybe the rest starts today with all the holiday prep work complete?

 
At 8:41 PM EDT, Anonymous wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO

 
At 12:55 AM EST, Blogger 午餐 said...

錢,給你帶來歡愉的日子,但不給你帶來和平與幸福........................................

 
At 11:09 AM EST, Blogger 花花美麗 said...

目標是什麼不重要,目標能產生什麼樣的效果才重要..................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home