Mellow The F Out Get FireFox!
Check this box to open all links in a new window

Monday, August 15, 2005

A Trip to Pittsburgh 

I just got back from a visit in Pittsburgh with my sister and brother-in-law. I went with my wife, mother, and soon to be 4 year old little brother who is deathly afraid of dogs. Low and behold my sister has two dogs, let the nightmare begin.

He didn't want anything to do with the dogs, he was really scared, causing everyone in the house to be at attention at all times. It was frustrating but what are you going to do. He didn't sleep to well because he was scared causing him to be extremely cranky at all other times. This will probably be my last trip with my parents and little brother.

It was just two hard on everyone. When I drive to Pittsburgh it take 4 to 4.5 hours. Yes I am speeding, sue me. Driving with my mom takes 7 hours, another nightmare. Not only is it 7 hours long, you have an impatient 4 year old wanting to be anywhere but in a car seat.

It is also not fair to my sister and brother-in-law. They have two agendas, one for my wife and I, and one for my mother and little brother. My little brother is in bed around 8PM, rendering my mom useless to go out anywhere, but my sister and brother-in-law can't leave her home with the dogs. Hence we were stuck in the damn house from 8PM on.

One good thing is we played a card game called "Killer Bunnies". It is a hilarious game where you try to keep your bunnies alive while killing everyone elses. It is hard to explain. You can check it out in further detail here.

The last thing we did was go to an amusement park named IdleWild. I like to call it the unamusement park. It would have been great except for a few key factors. 100 degree heat mixed with 100% humidity sucks hands down. The other thing is spending 5 hours in the park and only riding one ride. Why might you ask? We wanted to make sure my little brother had a good time. Call me selfish but I don't have kids yet, I want to enjoy myself and it is hard to do that with my mom. If we were to split off and do something else, my mom would get offended and think we don't like them or that they are ruining our trip. I ended up sitting with two older ladies talking about the empty stroller I was watching, that was the highlight of my day. (I am being sarcastic.)

All and all it was okay. I love visiting my sister and brother-in-law, we always have fun with them. It was just more stressful than being at work.

Tip of the day: Play "Killer Bunnies" but never travel with your mother and little brother.

Tag It: Games | Nightmare | Travel


4 Comments:

At 2:06 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say this is a enlightening blog. Don't stop now.
You may be interest in cartoon animals
Lots of information about cartoon animals

 
At 2:49 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:57 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:36 PM EDT, Anonymous wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home