Mellow The F Out Get FireFox!
Check this box to open all links in a new window

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Aggressive Drivers 

We've all been there, you are already going 5-10 MPH over the speed limit and some jack-arse is so close to your bumper you can't even see his/her headlights. What's the point of this obnoxious behavior? What can you do about it?

There are a few things you can do as a driver. First you can pull over and let the speed racer go by. I typically never do this unless I feel real unsafe about the person behind me. I am a taurus and can be very bullheaded. Typically I slow down to the speed limit, set my cruise control and wave to the person behind me.

Is this safe? Probably not, but it sure pisses off the tailgater. For one it shows you are not intimidated by their driving, for two they are not getting you mad, which they very well might be trying to do. They get zero satisfaction out of doing this and only become more irate. This could backfire and pretty much get your run off the road, but that has yet to happen.

The thing I love to see, and this happens about 99% of the time, the driver finally gets by, floors it, and takes off. Usually I see this person at every stop light. Typically they never get anywhere any faster, they just cause major wear on their automobile and eat up more gas.

Aggressive drivers are more than just tailgaters, they are drivers who continously drive 15 MPH or more over the speed limit, drivers who never think they are wrong or at fault, and drivers that always think they are the best driver and everyone else is the worst.

There is a whole list of traits listed here: Aggressive Driving Stats (forgive the look of the web site, the stats are interesting, but the design lacks.)

My favorite thing on the road today is when someone else is really at fault and they flip you off for it. I have had people cut me off, almost broadside me, and I get the FU and the bird, it is quite shocking. I am sorry, I did not know I wasn't allowed to drive on your street and obey simple traffic signals. My bad.

A question to aggressive drivers: Have you ever really gotten anywhere faster?


1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM EDT, Anonymous wow power leveling said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO
wow goldwow goldwow goldwow gold CAOBO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home